General Care for Diamond | Gem Rings:
- Don't wear them when you're doing rough work, household chores or going to the gym. Even though a diamond | Gem is durable, it can be lost, abraded or chipped by a hard blow.
- Don't let your diamond | gem come in contact with a chlorine bleach. It can damage and discolor the mounting.
- When removing your jewelry at the end of the day, place your jewelry on a soft cloth reserved for this function, separately, in a safe place. In time, careless handling of your Jewelry will result in abrading, scratching, or worst yet, loss.
Tips on Keeping your Diamond Clean:
- Handle your diamond | gemstone sparingly, as your fingers alone provide enough oil from your skin to alter the way your diamond sparkles.
- Clean your diamond regularly. A simple plan to keep your diamond jewelry always looking beautiful is to soak the diamond in an ammonia-based household cleaner, Overnight, at your discretion, once or twice weekly. Taking care that the pieces are separate and apart from each other to avoid jewelry pieces from rubbing up against each other. In the morning, remove the diamond from the cleaner and brush it with a soft, clean toothbrush to remove any leftover dirt. Take extra care to brush the back of the diamond as this will be the area that has collected the most oil and dirt.
- Only Diamonds and Imitation Diamonds can Handle soaking. Organic Gems, i.e. Pearls, Lapis Lazuli, and Emeralds are usually dyed or oiled and can discolor with long periods of soaking.
- Be aware that fragile settings and estate jewelry won't take kindly to being scrubbed with a toothbrush, so use a soft touch. Then, just rinse the diamond with warm water and wipe with a soft, lint-free paper towel.
- Don't use harmful solutions. Chlorine or abrasives should never be used when cleaning diamonds, especially those set in jewelry. These erode some of the metals often used in diamond settings, and may loosen prongs, or even dissolve the metal completely.
Avoid Huffing as a method of Cleaning your Diamonds & Gems:
- Reserve the cleaning of your Diamond | Gem to the previously described methods. Huffing on and then buffing the gem on your clothing to remove grease or a smear, can have a detrimental effect. 1. You run the risk of catching a prong and loosening the setting. 2 Doing this with any Gemstone, both genuine or imitation, will over time abrade the crown facets. 3. Regular household dust, found on clothing, can contain particulates of quartz. [MOHS hardness for quartz is a 7] Depending on the size and color [Light color gem or Dark Color gem] the abrading can be noticeable.
Notable Diamond, Formerly the Cartier Diamond 69.42 Carats, suffered Damage as a result of General Wear. Re-cutting was necessary, 1.33 carats was lost in the Process.
Currently Known as the Taylor-Burton. The Current owner had the Diamond re-cut as there was wear in the form of chips and abrasions on the Diamond surface. An entire Carat and 33 Points were lost in the process of removing wear and scratching. The diamond it is now smaller at 68.09 Carats.
Stunningly Beautiful Benzgem Alternative to Diamond. This Photo was taken in the palm of my hand in the Eastern Morning Light.
All Gems, Real and Imitation are generally Scratch Resistant, not Scratch Proof:
Without taking care, All Diamonds and Gemstones, whether Man-Made or Mined from the Ground, Real or Imitation, can be scratched or chipped. Once you take the time to be mindful, proper handling and keeping your Gems clean will become a habit.
- Diamonds are the most scratch resistant of all Jewels, they are not scratch proof. All Diamond and Gemstone Jewelry, without proper care, can and will scratch. Under no circumstances should you ever wear Gold, Platinum, Gems or Diamonds while engaging in Construction. The simple act of putting on and taking off work gloves will abrade Precious Metals and Gemstones and will eventually wreak havoc on your Diamond. Rings are generally a Safety Hazard with construction work.
- Don't wear them when you're doing rough work or going to the gym. Even though a diamonds and Gems are durable, they can be lost, abraded or chipped by a hard blow.
Care for your Benzgem Diamond Quality Imitation as though it were a real Diamond or Fine Gemstone:
- Following the methods outlined above for cleaning and handling is the only way to properly care for your Jewelry, both Genuine and Man-made. As you know, Benzgem Imitation Diamond is designed as a Genuine Diamond Alternative and as such can be rather pricey. Careful handling, wearing, and storing your "Benzgem Diamond" is key to delivering a lifetime of enjoyment with minimal servicing. Should the need arise, Benzgem is covered by a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Benzgem Brand Diamond Alternatives, are Designed, Hand Cut and Polished as Real Diamonds Are...